Annonce
Annonce
Annonce
News in english

Men indicted in archive theft

Two collectors have been indicted on charges of stealing national documents.

Two men have been indicted in connection with the theft of archive material from the National Archives. According to the indictment the two made off with at least 1062 records.

One of the men has also been charged with the theft of material from the Royal Orders Section at Amalienborg Palace. This was material which had been sent for security destruction at a company in which the man was employed.

According to the reports, instead of destroying the material, the man took between 60 and 70 kilogrammes of documents during 2008 and 2009. The material, some of which is alleged to have been sold, is said to have major interest for collectors.

It is alleged that the thefts from the National Archives and the former Regional Archive for Zealand took place from 2009 and until October 24, 2012 when the two were discovered. Some of this material is also said to have been sold to collectors.

The two – a 53-year-old and a 46-year-old - have also been indicted on weapons charges in that they were in possession of a collection of non-functional World War II weapons, according to Prosecutor Kristoffer Petersen.

FACEBOOK – Follow Politiken’s News in English

Del link